Argan Oil Cleanser for Dry Skin – 4 oz
Oil cleansing of the skin dates back in history to the Roman bath houses and even far before that in India and among other cultures. We’ve created our own version of this ancient practice in an incredibly restorative Argan Oil Cleanser using high quality botanical oils that thoroughly cleanse the skin and protect it naturally while nurturing your true radiance. Although an oil cleansing process may seem unusual, we believe that if you give it a try the results will speak for themselves!
Unlike soap based cleansers that lift and wash away oils which disrupt the skin’s ph level leaving it dry and unbalanced, our Argan Oil Cleanser for dry skin is ph neutral. It gently removes impurities without stripping the skin, which help to maintain natural moisture levels and sebum production. Deep nourishment is delivered into the skin with essential fatty acids to protect from free radicals and provide long lasting moisture. Squalane, a natural component of Argan oil which is identical to a component of our own sebum, works to plump the tissues, smooth skin and helps in fading sun spots. Consistent use of our Argan Oil Cleansers help to bring the skin back to a more even skin tone and consistent moisture level.
**Indigenous Roots strives to use only the highest quality ingredients including organic, free-trade and wild-crafted sources whenever possible. All of our ingredients are chosen to help support and encourage healthy and non-toxic lifestyles while also remaining conscious of our healing planet. All of our products are carefully hand-crafted in Dallas, Texas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. All content provided is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used for diagnosis or as a substitute for the advice of a professional healthcare provider. If irritation is experienced, discontinue use.
ORGANIC ARGAN OIL: high in vitamin E and fatty acids which nourish dry skin * anti-inflammatory * a cytophylactic: stimulates cell renewal and longevity * The natural active components of Argan Oil are tocopherols, squalene, carotenes, sterols and phenolic antioxidants which protect and reverse the effects of environmental damage
ORGANIC APRICOT KERNEL OIL: up to 70% oleic acid makes this a very rich emollient *rich in vitamin E * up to 21% linoleic acid which acts as an anti-inflammatory and aids in healing and softens the skin * easily absorbs into skin * rich in antioxidants to protect the skin from the effects of free radicals
ORGANIC CASTOR OIL: undecylenic acid gives this oil its antiseptic and germicidal qualities which keep the skin free from infections * ricinoleic acid in castor oil gives it anti-inflammatory properties * contains oleic and linoleic acids which are anti-inflammatories and aid in moisturizing and healing
ORGANIC CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL: astringent that tones skin, muscle and hair follicles * reduces inflammation and heals rashes * balancing for both oily and dry skin- a superb sebum regulator * antibacterial * antifungal * antioxidant
WILD FRENCH LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL: antiseptic for healing damaged tissue * cicatrisant: improves formation of scar tissue * antifungal * natural anti-inflammatory aids in soothing irritated or burned skin * helps regulate the production of sebum * increases blood flow to tissue
ORGANIC GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL: astringent that tightens skin and muscle for delaying effects of aging * antiseptic accelerating the healing of wounds and damaged skin cells * evens out discoloration and uneven skin tone * cytophylactic-promoting new cell growth and repair of existing cells * antibacterial * antimicrobial
THE OIL CLEANSING METHOD:
- Steam face for 20-30 seconds using a hot washcloth.
- Using enough cleanser to create a smooth glide, begin massaging your face and neck using small upward circular motions and also moving along the contours of the face and neck for about 1-2 minutes. Massage gently and relax while breathing in the aroma-therapeutic benefits of the essential oils.
2 WAYS TO REMOVE OIL CLEANSER:
- The first method of removal is to steam washcloth once again and apply to face for another 30 seconds then gently remove. Rinse washcloth and remove any remaining excess oil. **Remember to use a clean washcloth every day to keep your skin bacteria and contaminant free**
- OR you many choose to use our 341 Root Dry Scrub: After finishing facial massage with oil cleanser, pour a half teaspoon of powder into your palm or fingertips. Then using your other hand, dab the powder over your face and neck directly on top of the cleansing oil. Massage the scrub gentle in the same motions as with the oil cleanser, then remove with a steamed washcloth. Rinse washcloth and double check with your fingertips for any remaining scrub that needs removing.
- Complete your cleansing ritual toning, facial tonics and/or moisturizing.