Argan Oil Cleanser for Normal & Combination Skin – 4 oz
Using oils to cleanse the skin is an ayurvedic beauty regimen whose origins may have begun even further back in history than we know. Our handcrafted Argan Oil Cleansers use only high quality oils that thoroughly cleanse the skin while healing and protecting it naturally helping to reveal your true radiant glow. Each ingredient is selected for it’s unique properties and their abilities to support the functioning of healthy and balanced skin. We know that for some the idea of using oil to cleanse with may sound strange and perhaps even counter intuitive, but the beneficial changes that can occur with this ph balancing cleansing ritual can often been seen quite quickly, usually after the first use.
Packed with essential fatty acids, vitamins and anti-oxidizing power, this cleanser does so much more than cleanse. With consistent use you will see a boost in overall skin tone and texture. Circulation is improved by the essential oils and massaging technique incorporated into this method, while the naturally occurring squalane in Argan oil plumps the skin and brings about a distinct healthy glow. And because oils are ph neutral, it will not cause unecessary ph fluctuations that cause stress to the skin the way soaps and foaming agents do. The anti-inflammatory action of castor oil, argan and sunflower oils combined with essential oils of lavender, clary sage and geranium make this cleanser not only an effective cleanser but a deeply soothing daily treatment for the skin.
Oil cleansing with pure botanical oils can be an investment in our long-term aging process, and for those who are up to the test will be rewarded by their future selves.
**Indigenous Roots strives to use only the highest quality ingredients including organic, free-trade and wild-crafted sources whenever possible. All of our ingredients are chosen to help support and encourage healthy and non-toxic lifestyles while also remaining conscious of our healing planet. All of our products are carefully hand-crafted in Dallas, Texas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. All content provided is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used for diagnosis or as a substitute for the advice of a professional healthcare provider. If irritation is experienced, discontinue use.
ORGANIC ARGAN OIL: high in vitamin E and fatty acids which nourish dry skin * anti-inflammatory * a cytophylactic: stimulates cell renewal and longevity * The natural active components of Argan Oil are tocopherols, squalene, carotenes, sterols and phenolic antioxidants which protect and reverse the effects of environmental damage
ORGANIC SUNFLOWER SEED OIL: high in vitamin E * anti-inflammatory * antioxidant * antibacterial * natural emollient
ORGANIC APRICOT KERNEL OIL: up to 70% oleic acid makes this a very rich emollient *rich in vitamin E * up to 21% linoleic acid which acts as an anti-inflammatory and aids in healing and softens the skin * easily absorbs into skin * rich in antioxidants to protect the skin from the effects of free radicals
ORGANIC CASTOR OIL: undecylenic acid gives this oil its antiseptic and germicidal qualities which keep the skin free from infections * ricinoleic acid in castor oil gives it anti-inflammatory properties * contains oleic and linoleic acids which are anti-inflammatories and aid in moisturizing and healing * stimulates production of collagen and elastin
ORGANIC CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL: astringent that tones skin, muscle and hair follicles * reduces inflammation and heals rashes * balancing for both oily and dry skin- a superb sebum regulator * antibacterial * antifungal * antioxidant
WILD FRENCH LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL: antiseptic for healing damaged tissue * improves formation of scar tissue * antifungal * natural anti-inflammatory aids in soothing irritated or burned skin * helps regulate the production of sebum * increases blood flow to tissue
ORGANIC GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL: astringent that tightens skin and muscle for delaying effects of aging * antiseptic accelerating the healing of wounds and damaged skin cells * evens out discoloration and uneven skin tone * cytophylactic-promoting new cell growth and repair of existing cells * antibacterial * antimicrobial
ALL OF OUR ARGAN OIL CLEANSERS CAN BE USED FOR FACIAL CLEANSING AND MAKEUP REMOVAL
OIL CLEANSING METHOD:
- Steam face for 20-30 seconds using a hot washcloth.
- Using enough cleanser to create a smooth glide, begin massaging your face and neck using small upward circular motions and also moving along the contours of the face and neck for about 1-2 minutes. Massage gently and relax while breathing in the aroma-therapeutic benefits of the essential oils.
2 WAYS TO REMOVE OIL CLEANSER:
- The first method of removal is to steam washcloth once again and apply to face for another 30 seconds then gently remove. Rinse washcloth and remove any remaining excess oil. **Remember to use a clean washcloth every day to keep your skin bacteria and contaminant free**
- OR you many choose to use our 341 Root Dry Scrub: After finishing facial massage with oil cleanser, pour a half teaspoon of powder into your palm or fingertips. Then using your other hand, dab the powder over your face and neck directly on top of the cleansing oil. Massage the scrub gentle in the same motions as with the oil cleanser, then remove with a steamed washcloth. Rinse washcloth and double check with your fingertips for any remaining scrub that needs removing.
- Complete your cleansing ritual with toning, facial tonics and/or moisturizing.
A full oil cleansing routine does not need to be done twice a day. Over cleansing can also be disruptive to the natural balance of our skin. We recommend oil cleansing only once a day using just a clean hot wash cloth to steam and cleanse with either in the morning or evening when you are not using the oil cleanser. It is still appropriate to tone and moisturize your face when cleansing with just a hot washcloth; exposure to municipal water alone can throw of ph levels in your skin.
- Spritz the face and neck again with toner and then apply drops of serum over wet skin and smooth out evenly.
Out of stock