Cooling Mask with Pink Kaolin Clay & Neem
Indigenous Roots’ line of clay masks are created with various clays and organic herbs that are packaged in a resealable pouch which contain 15-20 individual facial masks or 5-7 extra large body masks. You mix each mask fresh yourself using one or more of the suggested ingredients for perfect blending customization.
Our Cooling Mask with Pink Kaolin Clay & Neem provides a deep yet gentle drawing effect and works best with combo to oilier skin types. Clay’s natural ability to draw up oils, bacteria and dirt help to tighten up pores which help to make skin look much smoother. Neem leaf is a natural anti-inflammatory which provides a cooling effect to aggravated skin and reduces the redness and puffiness that it can come with. Green tea gives the skin extra antioxidant protection from environmental factors which help to slow down the aging process. We also happen to think that masks are a lovey and simple way to pamper ourselves and take a moment to slow down and relax.
**Indigenous Roots strives to use only the highest quality ingredients including organic, free-trade and wild-crafted sources whenever possible. All of our ingredients are chosen to help support and encourage healthy and non-toxic lifestyles while also remaining conscious of our healing planet. All of our products are carefully hand-crafted in Dallas, Texas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. All content provided is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used for diagnosis or as a substitute for the advice of a professional healthcare provider. If irritation is experienced, discontinue use.
PINK KAOLIN CLAY: Gentle but effectively drawing capacity to remove oil and debris * gentle exfoliant * moisturizing * detoxifying
ORGANIC GREEN TEA POWDER: rich in polyphenols-antioxidants * suppresses carcinogenic action of ultra-violet radiation * aids in reducing the intensity of acne break outs * contains methylxanthines which increases microcirculation thereby improving overall skin tone and health * has an inhibitory action against collagenase, a collagen reducing enzyme which contributes to better collagen quantity and health in skin
ORGANIC NEEM LEAF POWDER: antibacterial and antiviral properties make it highly beneficial for helping skin infections heal * soothes irritation * detoxifying * antioxidant
To blend your own mask you may choose to mix the powder in a small bowl with a cosmetic brush or you can simply use your cupped palm and fingers to mix with. Municipal water is not recommended as a blending ingredient. Most importantly, DO NOT USE METAL SPOONS OR BOWLS to mix your mask as it interacts with the clay and diminishes its detoxifying capacity.
**PLEASE NOTE that pink kaolin clay will stain most light colored towels. Use darker colored towels or have a set that you use exclusively for skin care that you don’t mind staining.
- Pour 1/2 to one teaspoon of mask powder into bowl or hand
- Add small amount of mixing ingredients at a time to gradually build to desired thickness. Thicker masks will dry more slowly than thin, and thin masks are more suitable to sensitive skin types. (See below for ingredient suggestions)
- Once desired consistency has been reached, apply mask to cleansed face with brush or fingers and allow to dry. Mixtures with honey added may still feel sticky when dry but will not release from the skin when touched.
- To remove, use a clean warm washcloth that you don’t mind staining and steam the face for a few moments to loosen the clay. Use gentle strokes to remove and re-steam any areas where the mask may be stubbornly clinging to. Being too rough in removing a mask can cause trauma to the skin, so be sure to use care and take your time.
- Complete your facial with a spritz of toner and any desired facial tonics, serums and/or moisturizers.
SUGGESTED BLENDING INGREDIENTS: multiple mixing ingredients can be used in your customization
For All Skin Types:
- toner (alcohol free) – provides ph appropriate blending that adds additional healing properties
- herbal teas – healing botanical benefits; example: Chamomile for inflammation or Green Tea for brightening
- flower waters – often contain vitamin C * gentle and fragrant * beneficial to aging and sensitive skin
- plain yogurt – contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid which dissolves dead skin cells * gentle exfoliant * antibacterial * reduces skin discoloration * diminishes appearance of wrinkles * beneficial for improving acne-prone skin * highly moisturizing
For Oily Skin Types:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – anti-inflammatory * helps control sebum production * detoxifying
- Lemon Juice – diluted at a ration of 1:4 * controls sebum production * vitamin C content brightens skin and supports collagen production * lightens spots from sun exposure (best combined with honey)
For Extra Moisture:
- honey – deeply moisturizing * antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it great for all skin and can also be particularly helpful with acne-prone skin
- milk – moisturizing * beneficial enzymes, proteins, minerals and vitamins for skin * calming for sensitive skin * helps diminish hyper-pigmentation (Should be avoided with acne-prone skin types)
Out of stock